How to Put an End to Back Pain and Stiffness –
Without Taking Painkillers, Risking Surgery, and Injection
⬅ ⬅ ⬅ Get the book
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness or an ache – it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see at Empowerment Physical Therapy.
And when it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know
Why is This Happening to Me?
Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own…
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if the back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain – often even worse than it was when it came on.
Another scenario we see all the time is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers – see how it goes – come back in 4-6 weeks.”
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is MADNESS and explains why so many people aged 40+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Why else does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something – like lifting or sleeping awkwardly – but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing – back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
- You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
- You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off, the chronic Back pain strikes again
- A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Back pain 10 times worse
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
- You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapist at Empowerment Physical Therapy to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your Back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quickly – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
- Avoid sitting and long periods of rest – ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do for back pain is prolonged sitting. Too much rest and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” treatment – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low-back pain. In fact at Empowerment Physical Therapy, it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Empowerment Team can help you live with less Back pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free online visit:
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
Here’s just a few of the things our Empowerment Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Back pain once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night of sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the correct and progressive set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery – and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- We can help you sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at Empowerment Physical Therapy, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
For context, I threw out my lower back on April 25th, in the middle of returning a tennis serve. Spasms hit my lower back as I finished my return shot causing me to lose my ability to do anything normal (e.g. walk, stand, sit, get up on my own, put on my socks).
I was in desperate need to be normal again. I found Shi Feng and he really came to my rescue Sunday, April 28th. On Sunday, April 28th, I was able to get up from dining room chairs but could not get up from my couch. I could walk extremely slowly but with a limp. Any quick movements caused spasms and all of the activities listed above caused some sort of pain.
When Shi Feng visited, he was very patient. He asked about any historical conditions, asked about my day to day activities, and took the time to really learn about me and my body condition. Shi Feng seems to have a combination of eastern and western techniques to help relieve muscle pain. He provided a cupping experience on my back, which relieved any pain and strain for at least 2 hours so that he could show me the physical therapy exercises I could do to strengthen my core. Shi Feng also used a myofascial tool to feel out the pain points that needed work and provided exercises that targeted the stressed areas. Shi Feng explained the causes of lower back pain and provided me with a track to get back to normal state. Shi Feng is very knowledgeable.
I find that when the job is done, most people go away until called again for another session. To my pleasant surprise, Shi Feng is the exact opposite. He looked for ways to get free equipment that can further assist me in my recovery. Shi Feng followed up on my progress and kept me accountable for the exercises I promised I’d do. All of this came with no extra charge. This shows that he simply cares about the people he works with and is very into his career.
Today is May 28, a little over a month after my incident, and I’ve regained most of my mobility. I once again feel normal and can play some recreational tennis. I really thank Shi Feng for all of his assistance throughout the month. It was a unique experience and I don’t think I’d be where I am today without his help.