How to regain your CONFIDENCE to walk again after falling… and Learn SIMPLE ways to conquer the FEAR of falling again…so your family members NEVER have to worry about the possibility of you FALLING again…
“Falls Prevention Guide”
If you’ve recently fell and have broken something, it’s very tempting to think that you will have to rely on a walker or a cane FOREVER to be able to go outside again without the fear of falling creeping into your head.
Or if you had repeated falls and are living with the fear of falling and have accepted that this is just “something that is a part of aging”.
You think time will help regain your confidence back but it’s been 6 months and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better! You now have to stay home and wait for someone to walk with you everytime you want to go out.
If this is happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear this all the time at Empowerment Physical therapy.
And when it comes to living with balance problems & falls, everybody we see wants to know
“Why is This Happening to Me?”…
“Why Am I Still Suffering With The Fear Of Falling After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that when they fall, the fear will just goes away on its own with rest and time.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if that fall never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with balance problems and the fear is often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these pills” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 40+ are struggling with balance and continues to have a fear of falling.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why else does the fear of falling last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your balance problem was caused by doing something – like being dehydrated or high blood pressure – but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your body to become weak.
If you don’t know what you’re doing – balance/falls can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Struggling With Your Balance And/or Have a Fear of Falling, Here’s 6 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take pills – but the pills did nothing to help your balance
- 3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody has balance problems as they get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or Physical Therapy in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- 5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your balance ten times worse
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your balance was bad, but all that did was make it you feel even more scared to walk on your OWN again
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapist to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Talk to a Physio on the Phone
Click Here »
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Fear Of Falling And Regain The Confidence To Walk On My Own Quickly ?”…
Well, here’s 3 things you can do:
- 1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the fear will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
- 2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your fear of falling is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
- 3. Get real, “hands-on” Physio – Physio is proven to help people with balance problem regain their confidence to walk on their own again and prevent future falls. In fact at Empowerment Physical Therapy, it’s one of the most common problem we see. If your balance is affecting your job, your ability to stay active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at Empowerment can help you live with less fear of falling – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free online visit:
Apply for a Free Taster Session
Click Here »
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Empowerment Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Balance Problem – In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the Fear – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your balance problem once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
- Fear can “zap” you of energy and independence – we can help you to enjoy walking outside on your own and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those pills that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery – and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that balance has stolen from you
- We can help you walk on your own without using any cane or walker
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic balance problem
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at Empowerment Physical Therapy, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
Inquiry about cost & availability.